Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One of those days...

Today was one of those days where I had the best intentions to have an awesome day and every single move I made something went wrong.  Sigh, I guess sometimes stepping out of the toy box isn't always a success.

Dave is in Edmonton for the night with work obligations tonight so I decided that I was going to use his downtown parking spot to make a trip to see some co-workers and friends for a coffee.  The morning was going well and all was good until I got an email from a co-worker of mine who had loaned me her mat clothes during my pregnancy.  At the time that she loaned me the clothes, I knew she was done having children and so I passed on the things I couldn't use to other pregnant friends.  Now my co-workers sister in law is pregnant so she wants the clothes back to loan out to her.  Normally not an issue except that out of the two garbage bags of clothes she gave me, I have maybe 10 items that I can find and everything else is long gone.  Anyway, what's done is done and the clothes are gone so I had to make the enbarassing phone call to explain what happened and apologize.  Gah, I hate when I miss the ball on things like that.

So, anyway, now my normally relaxed morning was sent into a tizzy looking for the few clothes that I had left (which I of course couldn't have possibly put in the same location or anything) and I ended up running behind schedule for getting to my work "meeting".  I did manage to get myself showered but totally forgot to put the towels beside the shower which forced me to leave a wet trail to be cleaned up later.  I also then ran out of the house without my cell phone or any bibs (which spells disaster for both myself and Isla, who is still the spit up queen and is also teething so the drool is on high gear).  Once I got to work, I then saw that someone had parked illegally in Dave's spot forcing me to park somewhere else further away and get into a huge discussion with building security about whether I was allowed to do that or not.  Did I mention it was also pouring rain so I'm now totally soaked and wondering why I took the time to shower in the first place since I'm clearly getting a second one?

In the end, though, we made it in to work (is this practice for what it will be like in 6 weeks when I'm back at work for good?) and Isla was on her best behaviour (thank goodness!) so I had a lovely visit with several co-workers and an enjoyable coffee with my friend.  I am also proud to say that as every issue came up, I handled it well and didn't freak out so I think I'm becoming more Mom-like every day in my coping skills. :o)

I think tonight I'll take it easy, put Isla to bed, and enjoy snuggling up in a blanket by the fire and watching some chick movie that Dave doesn't want to see.  Any more adventures can wait until tomorrow.

Location: Andrea's work, downtown Calgary
Cost: Nothing
Gear for Isla: Tons of Cheerios and Mum-Mums to keep her occupied, a stroller, and my rain cover for the stroller.

No comments:

Post a Comment