Sunday, January 10, 2010

Stepping out of the Toy Box

Does the adventure end when you have children? Many people say that having a baby is an adventure in itself, but as the fog from our first 3 months of parenthood lifts, I find myself missing some of the old challenges in my life. I wonder whether life with children is so different or if that’s just something we tell ourselves so that we don’t have to make the effort to push our limits.

I have a daughter who was born in August named Isla. I know about being tired, busy, stressed….everything that is associated with being a new parent. My husband, Dave, asked me last November what I wanted for a Christmas gift and the only thing I could think of was a spa day so I think it’s pretty clear that the last thing that I want to do is add more craziness to our already crazy life. That said, we’ve decided as a family (well Isla’s opinion doesn’t quite count yet) to step out of the box and try some new (and old) adventures as parents. I’m sure we’ll have some failures along the way but I also think this little project will have some great successes as well.

Welcome to the Stepping Out of the Toy Box Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment